Thursday, November 06, 2008

Damn my work ethic

My head is woozy and floaty. My sinuses are blocked and most likely swollen. I feel as if my face is a big puffy mess, although the mirror and my friends assure me this is not the case. My eyes have packed their bags and left them sitting, and have given their focusing team the day off. I'd put the glasses on but the aforementioned swelling makes wearing them painful. All in all, I should be home in bed resting, drinking tea, getting better. Instead I am here, filing, scheduling appointments, drinking tea but not feeling any better despite the heavenly chai.
I am still debating attending SnB tonight. I don't want to infect my knittahs, if contagious I be, but on the other hand, I feel like I've been neglecting y'all. We'll see how it goes by 5:30ish. In the meantime, I'm knitting my way through the lunch shift at the front desk before burying myself in the filing room again.
Soup. I should get soup, too.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Yes, soup and lots of hot liquids. And get out that neti pot. Try Yogi Tea's Cold Sampler. I especially like the Cold Season Tea.

Anne-Marie said...

I hope you feel better soon!

Also, I realise I suck. I have been collecting things for you, and I have a box, so a package is forming. I'm not that pro-active though and so I apologise!

MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

OH! Someone else recommended the Neti Pot to me this a.m. I didn't know it had a name, but I get a generic nasal rinse. It's kinda gross and has a learning curve, but for *serious* sinus infections, it is the BEST.

Ellen Bloom said...

Yes, we missed you last night at SnB, but look forward to your healthy return next week!!!! Take care of yourself!

Dr. Natalie knows all about "medicines." You should listen to her advice!