Sunday, November 02, 2008

Moray Eels never cease to be the creepiest creatures ever

Except spider crabs--those things gave me a major case of the heebie-jeebies. Yes, folks, I survived the big fundraiser, which was held at the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach. It was lovely. The rain moved the registration table (my job for the evening) inside but since the doors were open, it was still brrrr chilly, and clammy. I had planned on blowing my hair out and then curling it with the spiral curling iron, but the on-and-off rain made me decide to let it air dry and just use a headband to hold it back. Good call--I had serious Roseanne Rosannadanna hair by the end of the evening. (Photos were taken. Photographers were injured.)
We had some time before setting up for the event, so some of the girls and I set off to explore. We saw shark eggs about to hatch, fish that change sex in times of stress, humongous lobsters and far too many eels which are just plain ugly and creepy. Esther made friends with a puffin who followed her every move and I got totally annoyed at a bunch of kids who were teasing the sea lions. Kids are mean and parents are idiots. Sadly, the otters were sleepy and listless even though the recorded message kept saying how playful they are. Ha!
All in all, it was totally worth the weeks of planning and sleeplessness. I was outbid for the tattoo at Sunset Strip Tattoo and a bike from the show "24", but I won a Baby G watch.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Bet your glad it's over and with a prize. Not bad work, Lady.