Saturday, November 22, 2008

Eight days to go (because I can't count)

I'm willing to bet you will all be happy when I'm off this whole "blog every day for a month" thing. Some days I have nothing to say. Some days that doesn't stop me, but I'd say at least half these posts wouldn't have seen the light of day.

So, it's Saturday. What have I done?
  1. Greeted the mail carrier with serious bed head and swollen jaw. I'm sure he is now scarred for life.
  2. Finished reading the science book for my friend's GED program and checked his answers to all the tests. Go ahead and ask me the equation for velocity, I dare you. Or voltage and amperes. I grew up with an electrician father and I never learned this much about electricity. Phew.
  3. Watched Season 1 of "The Tudors." I don't think Henry VIII was ever as hot as Jonathan Rhys Meyers. Also, an entire season and he's still not divorced? Damn, they are dragging this shit out. (Don't get me started on the historical inaccuracies)
  4. Visited the 99 Cents store for tp and various other household items. Saw the cutest old couple--well, the husband was cute, the wife was a little scary--buying supplies for their four cats, one of which is named Trouble.
  5. Ate apple sauce and chicken soup because I still can't open my mouth wide enough for real food. I hope this situation is better by Thursday. I swear if I have to cut the turkey in teeny tiny pieces I WILL have Thanksgiving dinner. My friend's mom is coming all the way from Chicago to make it and I do not want to miss that. (ps: I sucked on pieces of Pringles, too)
  6. Got an awesome birthday card from my sister that made me laugh out loud. Got a card from my Mom that made me homesick and sad, and a little guilty because I haven't called her lately. (I have an excuse. I'll tell you later. Maybe)
  7. Added more music to my iPod.
That's about it. I plan to spend the rest of the evening knitting. I haven't done so all week because of the pain and vicodin haze. Unfortunately, now that I've watched all four discs of "The Tudors" I have nothing else to watch (I mean, besides regular TV). I do have two seasons of Danger Mouse. Hmmm

7:42pm: My sister just "tipsy dialed" (I'd say Drunk, but she's not quite there yet) from a bar with her husband and her son (the family that drinks together...don't worry, he's 21) to ask me the name of the telephone operator on "The Andy Griffith Show." Apparently it was a burning question at the Lake House. I don't remember there being a specific telephone operator, one with a name we would remember. Do you? If you do, let me know so I can tell Katie.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Yay for Danger mouse.

Ellen Bloom said...

checked the web....Telephone operator on "the Andy Griffith Show" was named "SARAH."